Learn the Art of Sand Sculpting for the most Fun Beach Team Activities
Play fun beach games and Ice Breakers with your team building facilitators who are also talented sand sculptors. Then dive into an interactive demonstration of sand sculpting techniques and skills shaping the snads. Thrill provide you the tools and fun corporate challenges easy as child’s play. Creating extraordinary Sand Sculptures right through to wow factor corporate beach events where our professional sand sculptors can make and design incredible, impressive sculptured masterpieces.
We take your team through the skills of developing unique and shapely sculptures. Creating a vision, mixing the sands to develop the right texture and consistency. Building the form work and base structure which your team will shape. This outdoor creative team building activity incorporates business values, planning, creativity and brilliant execution. Facilitated is the teams project of firstly visualising then developing the form. Finally incorporating features to ultimately present a spectacular end result.
10 Tips in Building Brilliant Beach Sand Sculptures for your Team to be Thrilled
- Formulate an image, sketch in the sand or plan your design.
- Gather the sand. Packing, pounding and compacting the sand. Use extra water to drain through the sand and bond the sandy quartz grains.
The squarer the sand, the better the bond as the quarts crystals are less like to slide by one another. Mixing sand with an environmentally safe binder like flour can make it stick better. Don’t cheat and use cement powder on the beach.
- Make the form-work 20% larger than the intended scuplture. That way you can shave off the excess. Eventually revealing your final design with minimal collapse.
- Use a spatula, your hands or any implement like kitchen tools or invest in sculpting tools.
- Now start cutting away the excess of your design from the top. Working down gradually and carefully. Compact and moisten loose areas before they crumble away.
- Position yourself and accurately refine your shaping, holes and key features.
- Brush away unnecessary sand and clean the design, contrasting the surrounds.
- A great tip is to slightly undercut and create a relief. This way providing a better 3D form to be admired.
Like a shark rising from the ocean depths. Or in this teams case a Darth Vader rising from the sands at Balmoral Beach in a Star Wars theme.
- Fill in any holes for safety so passers by admiring your work don’t trip into an abyss.
- Admire your sculpture with others and photograph and share your creation. Allow kids to ride, jump and play with your temporary masterpiece. Don’t forget to post
the image to Thrill’s event facebook.
- Top it off with a rewarding refreshing celebratory drink to toast your success.
A list of Creative Ideas for Teams to Sculpt with Beach Sand in Sydney
- Large marine animals and sea creatures like Sharks, Whales, Turtles, Dolphins, Seals, Octopus and Dugongs.
- Fun sculptures such as Mermaids, Unicorns, Monsters and Cakes that you can decorate.
- Visually exciting motifs, business logos and brands are terrific for corporate groups to demonstrate their achievements.
- Common items like a couch, handbag, chair or car that are an anomaly to the beach landscape.
- Funny caricatures of yourself, politicians, animals like ducks, platypus, horses.
- The more interactive the better. Try an aeroplane, boat or pirate ship that you or kids can climb into and imagine you are on the 7 seas being a pirate walking the plank to skull duggery!
- Sand Castles – yep, they’re the best, dripping wet sand into spires. Takes you back to your childhood.
- Remember that just getting into it. Starting and giving it a go will bring out great results and personal satisfaction of an enjoyable job well done.
Be amazed at the transition of a value, theme or idea.
Amazing Sand Sculptures can be effectively created with a well functioning team of people collaborating. Creating a synergy of ideas into a symbol of success.
Presentations of your Sand Sculpture can be served up with celebratory champagne and nibbles at the sand bar. We look forward to professionally facilitating sculpting, art or any team building activity in Sydney or anywhere along the coast of Australia.