The links to physical activity for improvement to mental health have been well documented for many years in Australia.
With the latest budget breakdown it is time to reflect on the mental health issues of corporate business.
Thrill Trainer Staff Forecast The Need to Improve Employee Mental Health
Workplace Wellness in Australia has authored a study by Medibank in association with PwC.
http://www.pwc.com.au/industry/healthcare/assets/Workplace-Wellness-Sep10.pdf which is a great read.
The report “Aligning action with aims: Optimising the benefits of workplace wellness” suggests improvements for corporate groups, corporations and businesses to look after their people.
This report produced by a team within PricewaterhouseCoopers’ National Health Practice, is in consultation with Health Solutions Medibank and Fitness 2 live.
the findings report that –
The results are even more pronounced when accomplished with a professional team building provider such as THRILL team development supplying professional staff with qualifications in Human Movement. Designing programs that are effective, achievable within a working day. Prompted by wearable technology and give great feedback – encouragement and success in a social setting. Greater acceptance and linking to fellow workers is key.
What does Healthy Motivated staff mean for corporate team building activities and business
In summary most Australian Work Places are aware of mental health issues.
You can circumvent many issues by Optimising the benefits of workplace wellness.
- Be consistent!
- Provide a diverse range of team building activities that engage your staff at all levels
- Ensure that the physical activities are within the capability level of your employees.
- Combine team building activities with environments that increase the positive effects of physical activities whilst not harming your employees.
- Speak to an industry professional who can deliver your specific requirements
A balance of healthy team building activities that are physical in nature will benefit the businesses bottom line by having happier teams, happier employees, greater job satisfaction and employee retention!
Workplace mental health impacts businesses profitability and more importantly employees. Physical Team building activities are proven to reduce absenteeism.
Employee assistance program mental health improve businesses profits and employees. Physical Team building activities reduce absenteeism. Get teams Moving!
To discuss workplace mental health improvements – speak with Konrad Lippmann in Sydney. 02 9630 2222
Suggested Physical Fun Team Building Activities
Your Brain on Exercise:
Prudence Rehab are the trusted wellness experts when it comes to managing employee health and well-being. Maintaining optimal physical and psychological health of your workforce are integral to business success, and leveraging from our experience and wholistic approach to evidence-based injury prevention and rehabilitation, Prudence Rehab can identify and optimise areas of your business to achieve improved wellness performance.
They have put together 10 ways regular exercise may alleviate the symptoms of mild to moderate depression:
- Increasing energy levels
- Reducing the impact of stress
- Improving sleep
- Distracting from worries and rumination
- Providing social connection, if done in a group
- Building levels of protective and growth factors in the brain (BDNF)
- Increases growth of new neurons in part of the brain responsible for memory and mood (hippocampus)
- Replenishing neurotransmitters that are vital to mood, motivation and memory
- Increasing natural vitamin D if exercising outdoors
- Improves self-esteem
The Prudence Rehab Revitalise Program incorporates exercise as a vital part of restoring life domains essential to good mental health. This program can be used as an early intervention for people who are at risk of depression, or as a treatment program to reduce the severity and duration of depression and restore function and quality of life.