Thrilling fun and serious sand sculpting or amazing sand castle building activities and beach events. We get teams to collaborate and use their imagination to create and sculpt together their vision. Sand Sculpting all along the East Coast of Australian Beaches from Sydney’s Bondi Beach. To Wollongong, to the Sunshine, Terrigal on the Central Coast and Main Beach to Broadbeach on the Gold Coast. Down the Great Ocean Road Lorne and back up to Cairns.
Enjoy a series of fun beach games. Played as Surf wave breakers (ice breakers) before we have you digging into the sands, creating awesome sand sculptures or building incredible sand castles, with moats and fortresses.
Thrill team building facilitators are talented sand sculptors who train your staff in the secrets of creating a sculpture you can selfie pose with and be proud of.
Dive into an interactive demonstration of sand sculpting techniques and the skills of shaping of sand into incredible marine animals, powerful reptiles, soft looking lounges, utilitarian devices and magnificent sculptures conveying a message….
Thrill provides all the sculpting tools, skill development, tips and techniques.
It’s immense fun as a sandy outdoors beach event or corporate teamwork challenge. ‘Easy as child’s play’.
Creating extraordinary Sand Sculptures through to the ultimate wow factor corporate beach events. Where business sponsors, marketing and branding all come into play.
Thrill professional sand sculptors can make and design incredible, impressive sculptured sand masterpieces to be viewed and inspire your group and the public.
Experience the fine Art of Sand Sculpting Enjoying the best Fun Beach Team Activities in Sydney at Bondi all along The Australian Coast and Gold Coast
Thrill takes your team through the skills of developing unique and shapely sculptures. Creating a vision, mixing the sands to develop the right texture and consistency. Building the form work and base structure which your teams vision will take shape.
This outdoor creative team building activity incorporates business values, planning, creativity and brilliant execution. Facilitated is the teams project of;
10 Techniques for Building Brilliant Beach Sand Sculptures that will Thrill your team event
- Teams Brain Storm to Formulate an image, sketch in the sand or plan your design.
- Gather the sand. Packing, pounding and compacting the sand. Use extra water to drain through the sand and bond the sandy quartz grains.
The squarer the sand, the better the bond as the quartz crystals are less like to slide by one another. Mixing sand with an environmentally safe binder like flour can make it stick better. Don’t cheat and use cement powder on the beach.
- Make the form-work 30-40% larger than the intended sculpture. That way you can shave off the excess. Eventually revealing your final design with minimal collapse.
- Use a spatula, your hands or any implement like kitchen tools or invest in a Thrill Event and our specialist facilitation / teaching skills and sculpting tools.
- Now start cutting away the excess of your design from the top. Working down gradually and carefully. Compact and moisten loose areas before they crumble away.
- Position yourself and accurately refine your shaping, holes and key features.
- Brush away unnecessary sand and clean the design, contrasting the surrounds.
- A great tip is to slightly undercut and create a relief. This way providing a better 3D form to be admired. Here shadow is your friend. Like a shark rising from the dark ocean depths. Or in this teams case a Darth Vader rising from the sands at Balmoral Beach in a Star Wars theme.
- Fill in any holes for safety, so passers and the public admiring your work don’t trip into an abyss.
- Admire your sculpture with others. Photographing and sharing your creation. Allow kids to ride, jump and play with your temporary masterpiece. Don’t forget to post team images to Thrill team events facebook pages.
- Top it off with a rewarding refreshing celebratory drink to toast your success at the Thrill beach events sand bar.
Creative Ideas List for Groups, Artists and Teams Building Sculpt with Sand on Sydney Beaches Or Along the East Coast of Australia
- Large marine animals and sea creatures like Sharks, Whales, Turtles, Dolphins, Seals, Octopus, Crocodiles and Dugongs.
- Fun sculptures such as Mermaids, Unicorns, Monsters, Mythical Creatures and Cakes that you can decorate.
- Visually exciting motifs, business logos and brands are terrific for corporate groups to demonstrate their achievements.
- Common items like a couch, handbag, chair or a car that are an anomaly to the beach landscape.
- Funny caricatures of yourself, politicians, animals like ducks, platypus or even riding horses.
- The more interactive your sculpture the better.
- Try an aeroplane, boat or pirate ship that you or kids can climb into and imagine you are on the 7 seas being a pirate walking the plank or sailing to exotic destinations!
- Sand Castles – yep, they’re still the best, dripping wet sand into spires. Digging moats, draw bridges. Let your imagination go wild and takes you back to your childhood dreams.
- Remember that just getting into it. Starting and giving it a go will bring out great results. Increase personal satisfaction of an enjoyable job well done with teamwork, collaboratively.
- Be amazed at the transition of a value, theme or idea.
Amazing Sand Sculptures can be effectively created with a well functioning team of people collaborating. Creating a synergy of ideas into a symbol of success. Presentations of your Sand Sculpture can be served up with celebratory champagne and nibbles at the sand bar.
Thrill events look forward to professionally facilitating Sculpting, Art, Games, Sports, Beach Volleyball or any team building activity on all beaches along the East Coast of Australia:
- Sydney, Newcastle, Wollongong, Coffs Harbour, St Kilda, Great Ocean Road Beaches
- Balmoral and Chinamans Beach
- Bondi Beach
- Tamarama or Bronte Beach
- Coogee Beach
- Maroubra Beach
- Manly Beach – Queenscliff, Whale, Steyne, Collaroy, Long Reef, Warriewood, Mona Vale, Avoca and Newport Beach
- All Northern Beaches from Q station through to Palm Beach
- Terrigal, Avoca, Umina and Ettalong Beaches
- Byron Bay to Brunswick Heads and Tweed Heads
- Kingscliff Beaches near Coollangatta
- Gold Coast beaches from Kirra, Burleigh, Miamia, Main Beach and Broadbeach
- Surfers Paradise
- All Sunshine Coast beaches
Thrill team would love to see your team by the surf break or any location with sand along the East Coast of Australia. Call 0459 1111 29 to get your group sculpting.